CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 16, 2012

About 3 Weeks Old

In his third week Firdaus caught a slight fever. We think it's because his two brothers had been coughing and sneezing ever since their holiday started. With newborns, and especially premature babies, they can catch colds easily so it was no surprise really that Firdaus wasn't feeling well.

37.2 degrees and a stuffy nose....poor baby. We went back to RIPAS to have him seen by the doctor.
If your baby starts to have a bit of a temperature you must immediately go to see a doctor, do not wait till baby is already 38 degrees or something serious like that. Go early and so you can control it better.

We were asked to stay the night in ripas so they could observe baby over 24hours but luckily we only stayed half a day because he was doing well after a while and since I lived nearby I promised that I'd come back if he had high temperature again.

Seriously, when I reached ripas I was fine but on the way back home I think I was actually sick by the end of the day! Something about hospitals...just makes me feel worse instead..!

This picture was taken while we were just waiting around and Firdaus was put in this warm incubator. He really slept soundly in there.

0 comments: