CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The real story so far...

kasyfi is now 1 yr and 3 months old. Up till the age of 1 he's been really well behaved...a very very good baby. He only cried if he were hungry or needed a nappy change. If he was sleepy, he would just sleep..if he woke up, he'd just lie awake looking around. He was like.. a true angel!

BUT, now... after probably his 1st bday...he's now turning into the kind of kid i hear my friends complain about... i was so confident he would grow up with minimal behavioural issues coz my friend used to tell me how uncontrollable her baby at 2 months old would just cry and cry...I would listen and think.."nope, never ever had that problem"...

Kasyfi is now pemilih..before he would love anybody's company, it wouldn't matter. So now he's more selective. ok...a sign of growing up perhaps. He's actually demanding now...he orders the amah around like anything and cries like a maniac if he doesn't get his way. he hits me and sam ...all the freakin' time. He bites his amah. I guess it could be normal for a toddler his age but I think I'm just in shock because all this while he's been such a wonderful baby.

But then again, when he's good..he's really really good. cute berabis. that's why I think all my pictures in this blog are of him being good..when he's naughty inda ku tergambar! I just write about it.

This morning he didn't want to salam me as I was leaving for work. Sasak ku..and I was thinking..he's only 1 yrs old..apa jua tahu nya. but as he was crying pasal inda mahu salam, i bribed him that i would take him out 'jalan' pandai ia diam. but he still didn't want to salam so i just ignored him and left for work. eeeeeeeee..bari garam hati!!

Fortunatly today, I ran into a book called 'Toddler Taming - A guide to your child form one to four' by Dr Christopher Green. Hope this will help me in dealing with him...I have three weeks to brainwash my son until his nini comes home from UK and then all my efforts might -or might not- go out the window! There's always something about a grandparent and their FIRST grandchild. My mum and her first grandchild were so close when he was growing up that she spoilt him crazy to the point where he almost could get away with anything and could have literally anything in the world! - sampai ani..my nephew is now 20 and my mum would still do anything for him.... *roll eyes*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi! Maybe..your son is reacting that way because your pregnant with your second baby. Kids normally do that..they are kind of sensitive, so he being this way is sort of trying to attract your attention. he wants attention,even if it means being naughty.

He feels something is changing but he doesnt know what...so by misbehaving, he gets everyone's attention.

My first didn't react to my second pregnancy ( we kind of prepared him n his was older 3yrs old) My second son well, reacted a bit, we did all the same thing to prepare him but the only difference was his 2 yrs old. He became a cry baby...if he doesnt get anything he cries!!!

Another reason could be...kids change EVERYTIME...just when you think you know his routine n all, he changes..kids are just full of surprises!!!

Heidi said...

You could be right...but still it can drive me nuts a bit.! hehehe..he's getting over his fever now and his mood is getting better.

kambang bah ia atu....

well, hope the new baby won't come too much as a shock for him..!

THNX!!

PlatinumSkin said...

ahhh i have an idea when u return the book to me, why not u summarize everything n cerita to me instead? wahahhaha!

Heidi said...

cerita saja to you..hahhaa..sure..im would be like the DVD version of your book lah tu..hahha...actually if there were a DVD version lagi baik... malas to read all bah ah! anyway..he's been behaving well lately..i think seriously its becoause his nini is away and so no one to run to!! hahah.. no other option for him!