CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 12, 2008

Recipies for 1 Year Olds

For those who know me well, everyone knows I just hate to cook...! Its not that i hate to cook..I just hate being in the kitchen..panas wah..! If i had my own kitchen I'd probably have it airconditioned and cushions everywhere macam living room. hehehe

But recently I've been quite into cooking for my baby boy...so far he's loved everything I've cooked. All the reciepies i've used are from a book by Annabel Karmel called New Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner.

The first dish I made for him was "Salmon and Broccoli Pasta".

This recipies was created to tempt fusst eaters. Kasyfi really enjoyed this one...
It's a quick, easy and tasty recipie.

You need:

250g small pasta
50g onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
a little butter or oil
225g broccoli, cut into small florets
100g wild tinned red salmon, drained and mashed
142ml carton single cream
50g Parmasan Cheese, finely grated
a little freshly ground black pepper

ok..thats all u need..... oh and the wild tinned red salmon I bought it di SupaSave..mahal gila..one little tin about $9 something. pricey lah..but it contains essential fatty acids which apparently tinned tuna does not.

the method:

Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
In a large pan, fry the onion and garlic in the butter or oil until soft (about 3-4 minutes).
Steam the brocolli until tender (about 6 minutes)
Add the cooked pasta to the onion.
Add the salmon, cream and broccoli and season with a little black pepper.
Add the parmesan cheese and mix well so that the cheese melts into the cream.

Serve Immediately!!

I cooked this for Sam and he loved it a lot too...we are eating baby food and we love it! Gross jua tu..hahahha

0 comments: