CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Ak. Mohammad Firdaus ... Our Third Son...aaaawwww....

After waiting in the 1st Stage Labour room for days it was finally my turn to have my baby. I had discussed with my friend, Dina, who is one of the doctors in Ripas who administers anesthesias, about epidural.


For my last two deliveries I had them both naturally...and it was HELL!!! I am so not good with pain. I remember just being so annoyed with everything...like nothing felt right! How could it, I was such in a crazy state of pain. Anyway, because of that I decided that this time I just have to try out the epidural. I never had it before because I didn't have any hard facts about it and it kind of scared me the thought if having something entering my spine! It's just a freaky thing to be doing..and plus I couldn't trust anyone who was dong it...what if they sneezed while poking my back!!! aaarrrgghhh!!

So, Back to Dr. Dina, I taught her makeup a few months before this and then in my 3rd trimester it just clicked, I should ask her about how safe epidural really is..! So basically she talked me into having one. She said it's fine, safe procedure, nothing to worry about. And so I thought, heck, y'don't get a medal for how much pain you can endure so why not take that epidural!

YEAP! NO MEDAL FOR PAIN ENDURANCE...got it!! One thing Dina said which stuck in my mind was "I believe the baby should be crying, not the mother" and I couldn't agree more! lol

So I already booked for an epidural in JPMC but now plans changed and I was in RIPAS... in a way I was glad coz it meant that Dina could give me the epidural personally..yaaye... what a relief!



So I started getting contractions while I was in 1st stage labour room...and I immediately thought ... yessss... gimme that epidural....NOW! Turns out that you can't get the epidural unless you are already getting strong frequent contractions. That's when I thought...WTF!!?!?! I was not told this?!?!?!

OKAY FINE!! I have to wait. So there I was going through these contractions. Then after a while I was getting the 'required' strong frequent contractions... so I told the nurse...bah mana tia epidural...awal ani tah.

Then they tell me, epidural can only be administered in the actual labour room and at that time the labour rooms were all fully booked. I thought, NO BLOODY WAY...!!!!!

If the rooms are all booked there's nothing anyone can do , no epidural, and worse of all....I'd have to deliever on my bed at that stupid 1st stage labour room!!! aaarrrggghhhhh....!!! I remember thinking, paloi jua inda cukup labour room...paloi paloi paloi...aarrrgghh...

I remember during one of my bad contractions Sam asked me if there was anything he could do...BAD IDEA! I said..while enduring the most awful contraction with both my eyes tightly shut.."nothing ..if i want u to do something i'll tell you ok..I just want SILENCE ok...ssshhhhh" then I thought baik tah ia baca baca something..doa kah apa kah...So I tell him to pray for me...then the next thing I know..I hear this whispering/muttering near my ear... "sam, can you SHUT UP!!!" aaarrgghh....!! see, me and pain just do not mix! I'm awful person when I'm in pain.

I just could NOT go into labour with all this contractions going on...it was just too much. So I asked again... "Nada bilik free kah???" then they said..."ada 2 orang sudah beranak, you can go in next...." phew! yessss..... all I have to do is wait a little while longer...which was horrible too... just so that the women before me can get the hell out of the labour room.

Okay, finally in labour room...all going according to plan now. Dina turns up...yaayeee... she does the epidural for me...and then...amazing.....numb numb numb....I couldn't feel a thing. The next thing I know.... Sam and I are chit chatting like two peas in a pod....life was great again...!! LOL

If you ask Sam his opinion about epidural now he'd say something like, "I believe in epidural now, before not really but now, yes I support epidural.." hahhaha. Seriously, it was the best thing for me. 20 minutes after epidural took effect I was ready , 10 cm and minutes away from holding my baby. Painless and happy, it was overall enjoyable. COOL..!!

The thing is my mum used to be a midwife too and she literally knew everyone working that day...OMG. Sam heard the midwives saying, "Anak Matron kan beranak ni..bah lakas ..lakas.." Probably an advantage having people know who your mum is but also a tiny bit embarassing in this case too...!



Baby just born.....


Tiny little guy. Pre-mature. weight 2.090 kg. and no breathing machine required :)


0 comments: